Monday, November 15, 2010

Being in pain is like waking up on on the wrong side of the bed every day

When I'm in pain, I have an unfortunate habit of being short-tempered with people. Even people who are just trying to help. I feel badly about this, but I just can't seem to stop. Being in bad pain puts me in such a mood that I just tell people to stay away.

I spent the last couple of days in bed because my hips wouldn't hold my weight. My dad got my sister's crutches from when she sprained her ankle in the third grade (I was for once grateful for their hoarding-like tendencies.) I adjusted them for my height (she was 5'6, even back then) and used them to get to the bathroom and back, painfully and awkwardly.

I got a letter in the mail from the Clinic stating that my test for vascular type was negative (as I expected it would be) and as such the only plan of action she had was to call a rheumatologist's office who'd previously refused to see me and try to get me in.

A word to the wise: if you have EDS and it is not vascular, don't waste your time or money at the Cleveland Clinic.

I'm trying to decide if I should call my other geneticist and see if she can recommend any other doctors. Part of me just thinks I would sound pathetic and probably get referred to a psychologist. AGAIN.

2 comments:

em said...

glad you havent type 4. still waiting on my results. hope you resolve your gp problem soon, to be ill and without care must rankle. x

Yvette said...

Em, as much as I complain and carry on, I'm happy it isn't type 4 too. I had a reassuring conversation with a friend today and I'm hoping my troubles will be over soon, because it really does rankle.